We hate unwanted frizz, the main ingredient of a bad hair day...so without further ado, here are our top 10 tips to avoid unwanted frizzy hair!
1. Use a good moisturising conditioner. This is the best thing you can do after shampooing because it adds moisture to your hair as well as having ingredients that promote smoothness. It is always a good investment to have a good conditioner. Our top tip is , it is a good investment for healthy hair and no frizz!
2. Get your hair cut regularly! Cutting your hair on a regualr basis need not be a painful or expensive task. As long as you stay on top of it, having a regular hair cut will get rid of split ends and remove damged hairs.
3. Don't wash your hair every day. I know this sounds silly, and surely clean hair is better, but it is a known little fact that washing your hair too much can strip your hair's natural vitality and make it become more greasy and unhealthy. Give your hair a good wash, using a high quality shampoo, every few days. We suggest Macadamia Moisturising Repair shampoo for an affordable, high quality shampoo.
4. Straightening irons will give you frizzy hair! Ok, maybe not straight away, but after a while of using heat styling irons, your hair will become badly damaged and will need repairing. That is not to say never use irons, just if you do, make sure you protect your hair with a thermal hair treatment before you use the irons.
5. Pretty much the same as the above...avoid blow drying your hair. Blow drying damages hair as well and will make your hair frizz. Just be careful how you treat your hair, it doesn't hurt to let it dry naturally every now and then!
6. Don't use too much hairspray when finishing your hair style. Too much is bad, just use a light mist and this will help you avoid unwanted frizz.
7. Use Milkshake No Frizz Glistening Serum. Ok, ok, this is a complete plug! But it is a great product designed specifically to target frizz and get rid of it!
8. Here is a more 'out there' method, but worth a go. Sleep on a satin pillow case, or wrap your hair in a silk bonnet when you sleep. Apparantly it will help your hair feel really nice and smooth!
9. Mousse products don't help! Using too much mousse can cause havoc for hair prone to frizz. Really if you have frizzy hair, mousse isn't the product for you, try using a spray because chances ae you have enough volume anyway.
10. Ok, this one is another obvious one, but get to know a stylist who knows your hair inside out. There is really no substitute for someone who spends a lot of time learning about your hair and then treating it how it wants to be treated. My hair stylist is my best freind!
For other great tips and hair care advice subscribe to our newsletter because I know you want to! ;)