As we all know colouring our hair has its down sides. Colour can leave hair dry and damaged and often the colour fades faster than we want it to. So here are 5 top tips to care for your hair and to keep your hair healthy and rich in colour...
1. Don't forget to protect your hair in the Summer. Summer is a tough time for coloured hair, especially if the Sun is shining. Sun doesn't only dry out and damage your skin, your hair is also at risk (especially if it's coloured)! So just as you would apply sun cream to your body, use a hair beauty product which will protect your hair from the sun's rays. Try Milkshake Summer Hair Beauty Mask, designed to replenish your hair's natural softness and beautiful shine. Simply apply this product to damp, clean hair and rinse thoroughly for hair that's protected against sunshine and against the chemicals in the swimming pool water.
2. Use a good shampoo which will give your coloured hair plenty of moisture! How about Montibello Colour Lock Shampoo, a gentle shampoo that nourishes hair by locking in moisture that will help to keep the colour lasting longer by keeping your hair healthier.
3. Use a professional conditioner which is specifically aimed at coloured hair. I would recommend to anyone who has colour treated hair to try using Milkshake Colour Maintainer Conditioner. This conditioner promotes healthy and vibrant coloured hair. Use this conditioner to leave hair stunningly shiny and easy to style whilst enhancing the beautiful colour in your hair.
4. If your coloured hair is dry and damaged, use a good quality hair care product to treat it and bring it back to life. Milkshake hair repairing system. is easy to use and provides professional results when it comes to restoring the damage caused by hair dye.The ingredients in Milkshake Hair Repair System care for your hair from root to tip to care for your colour and to provide the necessary moisture and nourishment for hair with body and natural control and shine. Use this hair beauty product as a nourishing treatment for your hair. Apply to damp hair and leave it to work its magic for 5 minutes (leave for longer the more damaged the hair) before rinsing for healthy, lively hair!
5. One final tip is to try and avoid using hair dryers, straighteners or curling tongs after every wash. This is known to dry out and damage any hair, so be extra careful if you colour your hair. Whenever possible, leave your hair to dry naturally. If your hair is too wild to leave in its natural state, why not use a mousse or another good quality product on damp hair which will lightly tame your hair and cause no further damage. A perfect hair beauty product for this is Milkshake Lifestyling Sparkling Glaze Mousse.
Remember... the healthier you keep your hair, the longer you keep your colour!
Picture by jkuttarkabat on Flickr, used gratefully under a Creative Commons Licence!